• Meeting budgeted hours, planned schedule, and agreed-upon level of quality on assigned project work
• Communicating with the UOP Discipline Lead on progress on assigned project work
• Reviewing electrical design for conformance with National Electrical Code (NEC) or international IEC code requirements
• Reviewing international client electrical specifications for determination of cost impact on project
• Producing a complete description of a project's electrical requirements for the designer, fabricator, and installer incorporating applicable codes and customer requirements.
• Preparing single-line diagrams and electrical schematics for control of motors, electric heaters and distribution panels
• Preparing electrical area classification drawings
• Preparing power wiring, instrument wiring, grounding, lighting, receptacle and electric heat trace layout drawings
• Preparing panelboard and junction box layout drawings
• Preparing installation details for electrical
• Preparing heat-tracing calculations and heat-tracing layout drawings and isometrics
• Preparing cable schedules for power wiring and instrument cable
• Preparing requisitions for IEC and NEC electrical equipment
• Preparing electrical equipment bid tabulations and cost estimates
• Performing equipment-sizing calculations for switchgear, motor control equipment, cable, etc.
• Identifying inconsistencies and problems that may be present on equipment specifications and P&IDs during the design review phase
• Inspecting and/or supervising electrical construction
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum (5) years of experience with electrical distribution equipment located in petroleum refineries or petrochemical plants
• Working knowledge of NEC and IEC codes as it relates to the selection and application of electrical equipment installed in classified areas of refineries
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)