KBAK/KBFX has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Anchor/Investigative Reporter. In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. You will also anchor a weekly 'Eyewitness News Investigates' newscast. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. It is important to have strong writing skills and to have knowledge of current events. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must. The ability to work under deadlines and on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and/or weekends is required.
- Responsible for investigating important and complex community issues by developing valuable sources and using the latest investigative tools, including data journalism, to expose problems and find solutions
- Be tenacious in uncovering stories to develop exclusive and compelling investigative reports
Skills and Experience:
- A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Exceptional reporting, writing, and interviewing skills
- Ability and willingness to use the latest technology and production techniques to shoot, write, edit and publish content under deadline
- Ability to uncover stories through investigation and research
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- Must have at least 2 years of on-air experience
- Live shot experience is required
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. Applications without a link to an online demo reel will not be considered.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
- Self Motivation
- Social Media