JLL is hiring an Operations Maintenance Manager to Support Amazon’s State-of-the-art distribution center in Kenosha, WI!
Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon’s distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
The Maintenance Manager is the manager on site and provides leadership and direction to a team of highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering Material Handling, Industrial Automation and Robotics services in a 24 / 7 logistics environment. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by Key Performance Indicators. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the prescribed budget for each facility. The Senior FM is part of a National Operations Team that provides services to the client across the United States, Mexico and Canada. This role reports to the Sr. Maintenance Manager; the Maintenance Manager supervises the Shift Area Maintenance Managers, Managing Technicians, CMMS Admin, Controls Systems Specialists, MHE Technicians and Robotics Technicians.
* Sets overall vision and leadership for the operations team.
* Establish and execute strategic direction for operations and maintenance team in alignment with client goals. Ensure all Client and JLL safety procedures are followed. Develop training programs to increase team technical capabilities.
* Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client's assets.
* Inspect buildings’ physical plant routinely to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards. Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs.
* Utilize data to develop trends and insights that will drive continuous improvement in the site performance.
* Manage third-party contractors / vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties.
* Team with Contract Manager to bid and contract for scheduled and operational maintenance and project services.
* Transform existing operational practices to leverage JLL tools, processes, relationships, best practices to ensure service delivery is high efficient and effective.
* Maintain Site performance indicators.
* Lead / assist in site incident investigation, utilize structure problem solving to identify root cause of failures.
* Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
* Work with Sr. Regional Facility Manager and Operations Director to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
* Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
* Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
* Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans. Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
* Work with the Operations Director to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account. Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
* Develop and maintain positive relationship with Client General Manager and Operations team.
* Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with JLL performance.
* Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
* Develop and maintain operating budgets for all sites, meeting targets as defined in KPIs; and, provide written variance analysis and forecast to client.
* Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
* Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
* Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
* Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans; and, manage the process to complete the projects.
* Undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree in business administration, engineering technology or related field is preferred.
* A minimum of eight to ten years of direct supervision of multi-building operations is required.
* Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations.
* Demonstrated experience in managing 24 / 7 operations in a fast past work environment.
* Superior client relationship management skills.
* Demonstrated negotiation skills.
* Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints.
* Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation.
* Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods.
* Familiarity with and understanding of building systems.
* Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision.
* Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution.
* Proficient in and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), and possess strong written, verbal and people skills. Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style needed.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Use Hand Tool