To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technician - No Experience Required
STERIS Corporation • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Curious what we do?
Here's a quick video to give you an idea of the day to day life of a Technician.
You DO NOT have to have surgical device repair experience to be considered for this position
Individuals with experience working in HVAC repair, general/residential maintenance and installation, jewelry or watch repair, automotive, plumbing, or electrical repair, etc often have transferable skills into this position.
The primary role of the Repair Technician is to perform repairs on surgical devices and medical instruments. Technicians will be trained to become familiar with various types of surgical devices and instruments and understand how to best maintain and repair them. Repairs are completed at company repair center. All repairs completed to the highest quality standards and in a timely manner.
- Identifies surgical devices and instruments by various types, uses and functionality. Inspects devices and instruments to determine what type of repair and/or adjustment is required.
- Disassembles malfunctioning medical devices and instruments or equipment, troubleshoots and uses standardized testing procedures, examines and tests mechanisms for defects.
- Replaces or repairs defective parts; may require modification or manufacturing replacement components. Reassembles medical devices and instruments or equipment and tests assembly for conformance to specifications.
- Inspects devices and instruments and tests equipment periodically and adjusts calibration to ensure functioning within specified standards.
- Abides by all Company Safety and Health policies and procedures. Must use personal protective equipment if required.
- Determines correct spare parts required to complete repairs. If the parts required are controlled by inventory numbers, the technician is responsible for performing all necessary inventory transactions to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Performs repairs on surgical devices and instruments. In certain situations, technicians may specialize in particular repair categories.
- Exercises mechanical skills for precision, alignment, sharpening and repair of surgical devices and instruments.
- Completes all necessary paperwork (i.e., logging devices, and instruments and completed repairs).
- Improves results for assigned area to increase revenue, profit, personal development, and asset readiness.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work experience of 1-2 years.
- Individuals with experience working as a Craftsman/Woman in detailed repair work such as metal/jewelry or polishing, watch making/repairs often have transferrable skills to this position.
- Good hand/eye coordination (manual dexterity).
- Basic organizational and troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Willingness to listen and learn.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends, flexible shifts as required, and assist in other areas of repair centers as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and management.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Basic PC skills including knowledge of MicroSoft Suite.
- Understanding of and willingness to adhere to basic company expectations (Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, and Professionalism).
STERIS is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.