To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hartford, CT 06102
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Psychologist - Special Education
Hartford Healthcare Corporation • Hartford, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
Provides quality cost-effective care for patients/families and/or others in a target population across the continuum of care by: assuring access, providing assessment, coordinating required resources and partnering with health care team members. By utilizing excellent communication and negotiation skills, focuses on providing the appropriate service in the most cost-effective formula to assure that the patient, provider, payor and health organization's goals are met. Reports to Director of Psychology and other key managers per clinical assignment in the health care system.
• Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD.) or Doctorate in Psychology (Psy.D.) from an APA accredited institution.
• One year APA approved internship in Clinical Psychology.
• Completion of one year post internship supervisory experience.
• Licensed to practice Psychology in the State of Connecticut.
• Psychologist in school setting is also required to have a license by the Connecticut State Department of Education as a School Psychologist.
• Eligible for membership in the National Register of Health Care Providers.
• Eligible for American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) certification.
• Eligible for certification in Group Therapy (CGT-certified group therapist credentialing through the American Group Psychotherapy Association); Family Therapy; and eligible for credentialing to do Individual Psychotherapy.
• Eligible for credentialing in Alcohol and Substance Abuse through the American Psychological Association or equivalent credentialing body.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.