To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1099 Iron Springs Road
Prescott, AZ 86305
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Billing Representative-Prescott, AZ in Prescott, AZ
American Medical Response • Prescott, AZ
Posted 2 months ago
* $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
The Coding Representative is responsible for the accurate and timely billing of ambulance transports, while maintaining the quality and productivity standards set for the Coding Representative. The incumbent is expected to determine diagnosis and levels of service based on information provided on the Patient Care Report (PCR) and to accurately bill, using the appropriate codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and/or determine the appropriate primary source of payment
- Determine the appropriate Level of Service to be billed, based on supporting documentation on the PCR and/or in the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) notes, including but not limited to, designating Advanced Life Support (ALS), Basic Life Support (BLS), or Specialty Care Transport (SCT)/Critical Care Transport (CCT)
- Update and add insurance coverage to the Accounts Receivable Billing System after verification of benefits
- Assign proper condition codes, procedure codes, primary and secondary modifiers and identify excessive mileage
- Create narrative in the Accounts Receivable Billing System to document status of trip
- Assign ancillary procedures to charges when applicable, based on payor-specific guidelines, (e.g. IV treatment and oxygen)
- Make outbound calls as needed to obtain additional information on insurance coverage, patient demographics, and/or to verify inpatient or Part A status
- Run “Journal Entry” report daily to verify accuracy of data entered
- Verify that a Physician Certification Statement or a Letter of Medical Necessity has been received and contains the required information/signatures
- Forward to appropriate “Collection Plan” and request additional information on claims that do not have the required Physician Certification or a Letter of Medical Necessity and apply appropriate trip status and collection plan
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be flexible with shifting daily priorities
- Meet deadlines, working within tight time constraints
- Handle a large volume of work
- Identify pertinent information from supporting documentation on reports or other documents
- Process claims with accuracy and attention to detail
- Meet or exceed established standards for productivity and quality
- Perform other duties as assigned High School Diploma or GED required; certificate of completion from a coding and billing school preferred
Experience: Minimum one (1) or more years previous medical billing experience preferred, ambulance billing experience strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Licensing/Certification:
- Terminology on a PCR, Hospital Face Sheet, and/or a CAD Sheet
- Medical terminology and insurance terminology
- Process of signature and paperwork compliance
- HIPAA requirements
- Proficient in the Accounts Receivable Billing System and Internet tools, (e.g. Internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, address search engines)
- Computer literacy / 35 WPM
- Communicate effectively, (both orally and in writing) in English
Company offers Great Benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount Programs
*Bonus details reviewed during interviewEEO Statement
EOE including Veterans and Disabled