To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ITW Construction Products • Sacramento, CA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Alpine is seeking an Engineer in our Sacramento, CA facility to provide customers with wood or steel truss designs that are both economically feasible and structurally sound through the use of design aids and engineering judgment. The Engineer will independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability. Alpine is a division of ITW, a F200 global diversified manufacturer with $13.5B in revenue.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Reviews, corrects and completes all assigned customer-generated designs, according to design specifications and appropriate engineering principles
- Provides routine consultation services for customers to resolve questions, design information, and special drawing requests i.e., design improvements, calculation of special loads, etc.
- Designs trusses with the aid of the computerized, proprietary truss analysis and design software with information taken from documents, verbal instructions, or from the framing layout plans submitted by the customer
- Applies engineering principles to daily design work with specific proficiency in statics and strength of materials
- Performs nonstandard or moderately complex designs and frame analyses with simple repairs of designs when a re-evaluation of the entire structural system is not needed
- Reviews assignments of Designer/Drafter/Technician employees for completeness and technical accuracy prior to sending to customers
- Provides high-quality customer service to all internal and external customers while meeting all deadlines for design jobs
- Previous leadership experiences
- Other duties as assigned
- BS-Civil Engineering or related discipline where statics, strength of materials, structural analysis, and structural design are core requirements
- EIT certification
- Minimum 1-3 yrs experience
- Previous experience with truss designs, and knowledge of truss and technical engineering terms and use preferred
- Proficiency with plating methods, light gauge steel connection methods, general notes and their application, design manuals, and span tables
- Proficient knowledge of design policies and applicable design standards and building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret roof layouts and blueprints, and use them to make truss takeoffs and determine truss configurations
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for information on how to contact us directly.