ConnectiCare is a leading health plan in the state of Connecticut. ConnectiCare’s mission is to make it easy for members to get the care they need. A local company for over 35 years, ConnectiCare has a full range of products and services for businesses, municipalities, individuals and those who are Medicare-eligible. A subsidiary of EmblemHealth, ConnectiCare leads the individual and small group markets in the state, and is ranked among the top commercial health plans in the nation, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
We’re looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the communities we serve. If you want to join a local team and help change the way health care is delivered, ConnectiCare is the place for you.
Summary: To increase new and maintain existing membership of ConnectiCare individual clients through proactive and responsive broker and client service.
- Understand and maintain excellent working knowledge of ConnectiCare products and services. Must be proficient regarding benefits, coverage, billing, payments and claim policies and procedures.
- Works with Brokers/Individual policyholders to provide plan options for renewals and new business.
- Provides telephone customer service and written communications to brokers and individual policyholders as required.
- Logs all calls and interactions as required.
- Performs other related projects as assigned.
- Must have Health Insurance License, which if not current will be required to be current within 30 days of hire.
- At least 1 year of previous industry related experience in the area of marketing, sales or client services preferred.
- Familiarity with operation including claim, customer service billing and enrollment preferred.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience preferred in Microsoft office products, Compass or Amisys, a plus.
- Good problem solving skills required for benefit interpretation for problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently.
ConnectiCare is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
ConnectiCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Complex Problem Solving