To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Suwanee, GA 30024
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MEGGITT • Suwanee, GA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MTSI is a global leader in Live Fire and Virtual training equipment. MTSI currently has ~400 employees in 7 countries - US, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Holland, and UAE, performing sales and service activities with a majority of employees located in Suwanee, GA. Most of the production and engineering is performed in Suwanee.
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Engineering Technician performs technical support to assist the Engineering function. Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of R&D Engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification and assembly of electronics and electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment
- Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans
- Performs routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks
- Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications
- Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned
- Familiarity with assembly of printed circuit boards
- Repair and modify electronic or electro-mechanical assemblies on component level
Education: Minimum of an Associates degree, electronic technician certificate or completion of equivalent technical course or 5 years related experience
Years Experience: 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent soldering skills with fine pitch parts
- Experience with lab-based re-flow soldering (hot-air station) a plus
- Able to read schematics, PCB CAD files and bill of materials
- Knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscope, digital volt meter, function generator
- Working knowledge of computers
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].