To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Advisory Services Director
CBIZ • Boston, MA
Posted 24 days ago
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM New England (formerly CBIZ Tofias) is part of the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston and Providence and have over 200 people, including over 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
CBIZ's Accounting Advisory Services practice is seeking a Director with 8+ years of experience in public accounting as well as private experience as a controller, technical accounting role or consultant to join the organization’s team to support our New England practice. The Director will be an integral part of the accounting advisory services team primarily focused on managing and providing deep expertise on client engagements and helping build out the practice. This position offers an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative and high energy team and to directly impact the performance and success of the practice.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Provide accounting advisory support to clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting standards
- Outsourced CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager and Senior Accounting Staff work
- Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures
- Write technical accounting memos for various topics such as equity versus debt classification, revenue recognition, lease accounting and other technical accounting matters
- Performs technical industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Develops work plans and executes analyses to assess complex questions of fact, assists in preparing reports and schedules summarizing findings that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Supervises and performs day-to-day activities in support of consulting and technical accounting advisory projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Assist in preparation of clients internal and external financial statements including supporting schedules and required disclosures
- Assistance with audit readiness
- Applying business processes, including IT and internal controls risks to a framework, COSO and Sarbanes Oxley 302 and 404 requirements;
- Applies accounting, financial, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as detailed reviews of financial statements and underlying accounting records, preparation of complex cash flow projections, and preparation of worksheets to model business processes
- Develops new business relationships both internally at CBIZ and externally in the market place to help generate new business
- Organizes information to facilitate effective data access and analysis
- Prepares written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities
- Prepares presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties on the project scope and findings
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with client personnel
- Generates new business with new clients and with existing clientele
- Familiarity and knowledge of application of SEC rules and regulations is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Strong technical accounting, finance, and SEC disclosure skills
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence, problem solving is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever changing environment to meet client needs
- Ability to manage multiple workflows simultaneously while managing time and budget
- Prior experience managing teams and the development of others
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications, especially advanced skills in Excel
- Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications
- Understanding of and experience with application and research of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting
- Principles (“U.S. GAAP”) and relevant auditing standards required.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 12+ years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 6 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification