To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mundelein, IL 60060
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Lab Mgr - Material Science 2nd shift
Medline Industries, Inc. • Mundelein, IL
Posted 2 months ago
Medline Industries has an expansion opportunity available for an Assistant Lab Manager – Material Science 2nd shift (hours 3:00 pm to 12:00 am or 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm) based at our Mundelein, IL Lab. Will be responsible for managing the daily activities of the 2nd shift material science laboratory. Ensure that laboratory testing are performed to the highest standard in compliance with international standards and federal regulations while meeting divisional customer needs and deadlines. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a solid education and experience along with a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to exceptional leadership potential and analytical skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
- Manage the job queue and assign tasks to ensure divisional customer deadlines are met.
- Communicate project timelines and quotes with divisional customers.
- Ensure that all test methods are traceable and performed in alignment with published standards and applicable regulations.
- Ensure lab personnel are trained on necessary test methods; Develop annual training plans for direct reports.
- Review CoA’s/reports generated by lab personnel. Schedule proficiency testing to ensure test methods are generating accurate results.
- Manage laboratory expenses and generate monthly billing reports for all completed jobs; Balance employee overtime to ensure project turnaround meets divisional priorities.
- Ensure all lab equipment is within calibration at time of testing; review calibration reports; identify laboratory improvement initiatives and perform GAP analyses when needed.
- Management responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the daily activities and outcomes of a group of employees.
- Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, conducting performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Textile Engineering/Technology, or Material Science.
- At least 5 years of experience in the testing of polymers, textiles, medical equipment and devices, etc., within the medical device industry.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience applying knowledge of FDA requirements and experience with FDA interactions as part of the 510k approval process.
- Experience applying knowledge of ISO 17025 and CFR requirements; experience interacting with FDA/ISO auditors.
- Experience applying knowledge and experience working with ASTM/ISO/AAMI/etc. testing methods.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff.