Quality Engineer I
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance department head provides Quality Engineer support for various production programs. Duties include review and incorporation of inspection methods and plans, Engineering Change Control Board member, and analysis of product and process non-conformances.
• Develop standardized work instructions, implement SS, balance lines, create process flow and linkage, develop pull systems, lead Kaizen Events and remove non-value added activities from the manufacturing process.
• Through review of engineering drawings, specifications, and related documents, develops and implements inspection methods and plans.
• Supports/assists Manufacturing Operations and Manufacturing Engineering personnel in the analysis of nonconformance root causes and implementation of effective corrective actions.
• Conducts statistical analysis of nonconformance data for the identification of trends and suggests/coordinates for the implementation of necessary corrective actions.
• Reviews customer engineering and associated documentation for the identification of customer requirements and identifies/implements actions necessary to ensure compliance.
• Performs product and procedure audits in support of the internal audit program.
• Assists in the identification of company and department training needs. Develops training materials and conducts training in support of company and departmental objectives.
• Participates in the Engineering Change Control Board and conducts the necessary review of proposed engineering changes to identify/implement any required changes to the quality system or quality plan.
• Assists the Quality Assurance department in the continuous review of the company and its quality system
• All other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
• Knowledge of aerospace company specifications and best-practices
• Aptitude for in problem solving
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Ability to drive root cause analysis
• Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Background in Lean and/or Six Sigma principles including Process Mapping, SS, DMAIC, Cellular Manufacturing, FMEA, Pull Systems and Continuous Improvement Events such as Kaizen or Six Sigma Projects is preferred
• Overtime and weekend work as needed to support manufacturing
• Thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models such as ISO 9001, AS9100, FAA, etc, is desired
• Working experience with formal Quality Improvement techniques, including Statistical Process Control is desired
• Working knowledge of and ability to interpret customer and industry standards, specifications, and regulations
• Ability to work with and/or lead functional teams in a manufacturing environment
• Practical knowledge of and ability to use statistical analysis methods and tools
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
• One (1) to five (5) years experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering preferably in an aerospace environment
• BS or BA in Engineering or related discipline or technical equivalent
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Potential extended hours to meet the demands of the business
• Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing areas
• Fully enclosed shoes must be worn in manufacturing areas
• Safety glasses are required in all manufacturing areas
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
801 Royal Oaks
Monrovia, California, 91016
Engineering Change Order
Define Measure Analyze Improve And Control (Dmaic)
Statistical Process Controls
Failure Mode Effects Analysis