Apex Systems is looking for a Dispute Analyst Opportunity in San Antonio!
For immediate consideration, please submit your most updated resume!
Job Title: Dispute Analyst Jr. (3 openings!)
Location: San Antonio
Contract Length: 12 months
The Dispute Analyst protects the financial interests of USAA and our members by researching, analyzing, and processing disputes and escalated inquiries in an attempt to recover funds for the member in accordance with all Regulatory Requirements and Association rules.
- Processing cases for all Non-Merchant Disputes to include Web BillPay, Stop Pays, CDs, IRAs, Funds Transfers, and P2P (Zelle) Disputes.
- Completing all Disputes in a compliant/timely manner.
- Working well with others in a small team environment.
- Adapting quickly and learning new processes that Non-Merchant Disputes will be acquiring within the next few months.
- Resolves complex member disputes related to ATM Domestic, ATM International, PIN Point Of Sale, and Debit Card Signature disputes to ensure Regulatory compliance.
- Handles all aspects of the Signature First Chargeback.
- May handle Presentments, Arbitration Chargeback, Pre-Compliance, Compliance, Pre-Arbitration, Arbitration and Good Faith.
- Maintains abreast of current Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E) and Bank Card Association Rules.
- Investigates complex dispute claims in accordance with rules and regulations with a high degree of accuracy and within prescribed time limits.
- Processes Provisional and/or Permanent Credit to member’s account.
- Provides and engages in customer service activities to determine member needs and provide appropriate resolution.
- Communicates the results of dispute inquiry to a member in a professional manner.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of complex card industry rules and federal regulations, analyzes and recommends proper reason codes on all charge-backs and ensures accurate documentation is obtained to minimize the FSB exposure to loss.
- Demonstrates analytical problem-solving skills by accurately identifying the issue and determining the best solution utilizing specific MasterCard rules and Federal Regulations in an attempt to recover funds on the member’s behalf.
- Performs all support tasks to ensure regulatory and MasterCard Association rules are met.
- Seeks guidance from senior team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Processing Disputes
- Placing Stop Payments (any experience)
- Handling Web BillPay Disputes (any experience)
- At least 1 year Dispute processing experience
- Advanced communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with P2P (Zelle) Disputes, Stop Pays, Funds Transfers and/or Web BillPay
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Pep+, Fidelity, Microsoft Office
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Debits And Credits
Complex Problem Solving