Forbes Magazine rated Home Instead as one of “America’s Best Employers
” and the only home care company included in the magazine's annual index
of the nation's top employers.
Home Instead is seeking caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our growing care team and join us for our 24th year of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Our office based in Covina, CA serves the communities of Azusa, Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas, Valinda, Walnut, West Covina
and other surrounding areas. Our CAREGivers provide non-medical care to older adults, helping them to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay above minimum wage: $14.50 to $18.00 per Hour
- We only hire locally so you will work close to your home
- Paid sick time
- Paid class-room training & self-paced training
- Flexible schedules
- Personal client introductions
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee celebration events
- Career advancement opportunities
- Team approach & a very supportive office staff available 24x7
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship, conversation, safety supervision
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL's): mobility and transfers, bathing, grooming, toileting and incontinence care
- Incidental transportation to appointments and errands
- Caring for clients with Chronic Conditions
- Specialized care including bed-bound and memory care
* The ideal candidate will have some hands-on experience working with the older adults, either personal or professional! Additional skills training provided by Home Instead.
Requirements to be a CAREGiver:
- Ability to treat and care for older adults and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Successfully complete the State of California Department of Social Services Home Care Aid Registry requirements (We will assist)
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen
- Negative Tuberculosis (TB) test required for State licensure before hire
- Possess a valid driver’s license and valid auto insurance
- Safe, reliable car that is available to you at all times; must be able to drive
- Flexible schedule and POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Priority given to candidates who are registered as a Home Care Aide through the state of California
Home Instead Covina operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers a variety of shifts based on client needs (daytime, evening, overnight, 24-hour). We offer competitive shift pay above minimum wage.
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at homeinstead.com/182.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
- Tuberculosis Management
- Setting Appointments