To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20037
- Linda Carroll
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HR Admin Assistant
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HR Admin Assistant - General Clerk II (ID#14604)
*** Active Secret Clearance Required***
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions provides support services and project support personnel to our Government and industry partners. Our highly skilled experts support and supplement the mission, expertise, and skill sets of our clients. Utilizing our customer-intimate approach, we partner with our clients to provide strategic solutions that maximize the use of human and financial resources to ensure that mission-critical projects are completed on time and within budget.
For more company information, visit our site at www. http://cherokeenationbusinesses.com
This entry level HR/REE Front Office Administrative Assistant reports to the HR/REE Front Office of Director and Deputy Director. The selected incumbents shall perform a wide variety of human resources-related and other administrative duties in support of the HR/REE Office leadership.
The HR/REE requires the services of two full time assistants with experience performing HR administrative support duties. The Administrative Assistant's duties relate to the Department's FY20 I l-20 17 QDDR Goal 5.1.4: to implement human capital management strategies and regularly review existing business practices and processes to identify areas for improvement and innovation. TheDepartment aims to create a more diverse and representative employee population and achieve an 80 percent until rate of LanguageDesignated Positions by employees who meet or exceed the language requirements.
The HRJREE Front Office Administrative Assistant reports to the HR/REE Office Deputy Director. The incumbent shall perform a wide variety of human resources-related and other administrative duties in support of the HR/REE Office leadership.
• Maintain accurate calendars for the Director and Deputy Office Director: schedule appointments and make necessary arrangements for meetings and conferences; Process travel authorization requests and provide logistical coordination for official travel for the Director and Deputy Director to include post-travel voucher assistance;
• Perform office automation duties using various software applications such as E-Travel, E-Services and E- Performance;
• Develop, maintain, and disseminate a variety of accurate and up-to-date tracking mechanisms to ensure that the REE Front Officemeets external and internal deadlines for tasking and clearances;
• Type and edit letters, memoranda, cable repor1s, and other materials as directed using Microsoft Office applications;
• Serve as the Principle note taker at HR/RCE Staff meetings
• Provide back-up coverage for reception area;
• Request for SA-l Suite 518 Badge Access;
• Ensure that formats, spacing, arrangements, and preparation of typed materials in final form are in keeping with prescribed Office of the Director General (DGHR) guidance;
• In charge of procurement for SA-l HR/REE office automation supplies such as toner for printers, United Postal Service supplies andcopier paper via GPS account;
• Interface with copier contract personnel for maintenance or toner requests;
• Maintain office calendar for 5th & 6th floor conference rooms;
• Coordinator for Strategic Workforce Planning Group meetings: schedule meetings, prepare agendas, prepare notes from meetings andcoordinate clearance and dissemination;
• Assist Deputy Office Director with coordination, editing, and dissemination the HR/REE input for the HR Weekly for the Bureau ofManagement;
• Administer HR/REE SharePoint site
• Track and maintain HR/REE policy and other HR related documents in SharePoint;
• Update and maintain tracking spreadsheets such as the office phone list;
• As needed, participate in special and ad-hoc projects of a widely diverse administrative nature as directed by the HRIREE Office Director and Deputy Office Director
This position does not supervisory capacity
Education and/or Experience:
The selected resources shall possess:
- At least three (3) years of experience in executive secretarial/administrative positions;
- Outstanding editing and note taking skills;
- Ability to function in a fast pace environment with excellent customer service;
- Experience adapting and responding to differing instructions and programs;
- Must be a self-starter and able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, and Access Data Base) and Share Point (highly
- Experienced at organizing logistics for high level visits/events
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours during the three-month preparation period. The incumbents should be professional, multi-task oriented, ability to work in a high volume environment, flexible and team spirited.
This position is performed primarily in a secured federal office setting.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.