URL blocked - click to apply
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at URL blocked - click to apply
Operator In Training - Columbus, NE
This is an hourly level position.
Monitors and controls process equipment from the DCS and the field. The operator makes adjustments necessary to insure both the quality and the quantity of the products are within specified limits. The operator is responsible for proper documentation and communicates important information to the production supervisor. The operator maintains the Master Sanitation Scheduled in assigned area and cleans process spills as they occur.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitors all DCS screens on a continual basis, noting all changes or discrepancies in production variables such as temperatures, pressures, flows, tank levels, densities, pH and other process conditions.
- Manipulates DCS control board and screens by targeting and making changes to set-points, out-puts, valves, etc. in order to keep various production conditions within specifications limits and parameters.
- Analyzes sample results, verifying product quality and adherence to specifications and determines the adjustments needed to correct deviations.
- Observes and acknowledges all alarm warnings on the DCS Alarm Screen and determines corrective actions to be taken in the control room or in the field to remedy the situation.
- Obtains samples of product at various stages of production process to test for acidity, density, moisture, pH, and other quality parameters using pH meter, hydrometer, centrifuge, and other lab equipment.
- Troubleshoots problems by investigating and inspecting all process and machine malfunctions and utilizes mechanical, chemical and other technical expertises to solve and eliminate process related problems.
- Works in teams by maintaining good communication and cooperation with other department operators and management in order to achieve efficient production proecesses in all areas.
- Communicates with field personnel through the use of radio units in order to ensure efficient coordination of the production process both in and out of the control room.
- Works as a member of control room team, operating the DCS and monitoring level readings, system functions and other data displayed on computer screens.
- Knows all product specifications and parameters in order to operate all milling, drying and distillation systems for production of a quality product.
- Performs Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out procedures on various valves and machine equipment such as motors, driers and pumps.Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
*A Full list of roles and responsibilities is located on the ADM Career website page for this position*
We expect our team members to continuously grow and develop their knowledge of our plant, this includes active engagement in our safety culture and actively pursuing career enhancement opportunities.
- High Diploma or equivalent
- Must Successfully complete all ADM Safety Certification requirements
- Must be able to work rotating shift.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: able to lift up to 50 lbs, stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time, squat/kneel, climb stairs/ladders, operate vibrating equipment/power tools/assistive transfer devices, able to grip/grasp/pinch and reach overhead, work in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc)
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status
Product Quality Assurance
Dcs File Format