To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elyria, OH 44035
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, • Elyria, OH
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for nearly 90 years …setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
This position is responsible for supervising all payroll activities (paychecks, tax issues, reconciliations, etc.) The Payroll Supervisor ensuring that all processes are executed on a consistent basis across the organization. They are the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues and continuously look for improvements in operational processes, as well as design and implementation of those initiatives. Optimizes the contribution of the team through coaching, counseling and implements workable solutions to business issues/problems with minimum referral to management. Conducts work planning, estimation, and prioritization to optimize performance of team and collaborates with associated departments and government agencies to define standards and reusable approaches for Payroll operations. This individual manages effective internal/external client relationships within own area of responsibility and builds client relationships in the wider organization.
- Maintains payroll-related accounts and is responsible for the reconciliation and accuracy of payroll accounts within the accounting system.
- Ensures payroll operations are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of payroll, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes.
- Ensure team members acquire necessary skills and performance attributes, in line with business and personal development needs.
- Identify process improvement initiatives, define standards, and implement quality control measures.
- Reviews and analyzes current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Partner with HR, ADP, and benefit providers to ensure there is strong data integrity of employee records.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Leads the external audit from a payroll perspective
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Skill to facilitate continuous process improvements initiatives.
- Ability to analyze data and take appropriate actions.
- Demonstrates coaching/mentoring skills and issue management problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers from assistants to Sr. Executives
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple customer needs.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred
- MBA, CPP, or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience preferred
- Experience with complex accounting systems, SAP preferred
- Experience with ADP and ADP reporting preferred
- Experience in a shared service environment and basic understanding of HR cycles preferred
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Working knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles
- Solid knowledge of payroll functions
- Knowledge of payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to effectively supervise team members
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentivesOn-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan