Cook AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Prepares patient and retail menu items on production sheets, in accordance with forecasted and/or tallied quantities, following established Morrison recipes at all times.
• Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality.
• Operates and cleans equipment per department procedures after each use
• Maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas.
• Assists the Chef in taking inventory as necessary.
• Stores, labels and dates all food items according to policy.
• Recommends to the Chef proper utilization of leftover food products.
• Prepares menus, as directed from Chef, for special events as may be requested by the Client.
• Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
• Communicates any patient or customer related problems to appropriate personnel.
• Transports garbage, and recyclable materials to assigned areas.
• Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
• Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
• Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
• Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per SDS sheets.
• Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department safety procedures.
• Follows facility, department, Morrison and Compass safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting.
• Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures.
• Follows the facility’s protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program.
• Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills as appropriate.
• Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
• Responds to utility failures following department guidelines.
• Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
• Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs as appropriate.
• Reads and complies with all policies and procedures of Morrison and Compass as appropriate.
• Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
Please attach a resume with your application
What will you need?
High school education
Restaurant/Food preparation experience
Three to five years- dietary experience in a similar setting.
Graduate of Culinary School (Preferred)
Responsible for preparation of quality food for patients, associates and customers using in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards utilizing Morrison recipes and production sheets. Other responsibilities may include tray assembly, distribution and service, general sanitation, cleaning and use of kitchen equipment.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Outline Of Food Preparation