Amcor Rigid Packaging
Machine Operator - Starting $17.25
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
POSITION: Machine Operator - Packaging
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the downstream equipment is in good and safe condition and maintained clean at all times.
• Effectively run the machines and ensure it has enough raw materials.
• Show consideration of the recycling procedures
• Report any mechanical issues to the Senior Downstream Operator. Tracking down any defects and reporting them to the Machine Operator.
• Become a member of the downstream conversion team.
• Complete all required downstream paperwork (rework, bulk downtime, non-conforming sheets, etc.) and hand in at end of shift.
• Maintain a high degree of housekeeping at all times. Start all large cleaning jobs early in your shift to ensure their completion.
• Ensure that all conveyor lines are free of blockages by being fully away of your surroundings.
• Perform basic preventative maintenance on strappers and bulks.
• Be alert of the rework area status at all times.
• Know the whereabouts of other team members at all times.
• Be aware of all Company Policies, Safety Rules and Regulations and comply with them.
• Know and understand all Machine Safety Procedures including Lock Out/Tag Out and General Safety procedures including Fire/Evacuation Accident Reporting, and all aspects of the Safety Contract, Basic Machine Operation, House Keeping Practices and GMP Standards.
• High School Diploma
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk and is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel, and climb stairs. The employee is regularly required to communicate with other employees and be aware of sounds in the plant. Employee is required to be awake and alert during all work hours. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Conveyor Systems
- Good Manufacturing Practices