San Diego, CA 92128 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Position Description: Involvedin engineering and administration of Turner projects or Turner Special Projects Division (SPD) projects or in other Turner Business Unit departments.
Reports To: Project Engineer, Engineer, ProjectManager, Project Superintendent or other department head
Essential Duties& Responsibilities*:
- Assistin obtaining and reviewing information and approvals for processing of shopdrawings, product data and samples. Assist in the communication of this information across all levels of theproject team.
- Assist in managing other aspects ofcommunication including submission and responses for Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Assistin preparing estimates for changes in the work including review of Change Orderrequests from subcontractors.
- Studycontract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure propercoordination and installation.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of contract documents, electronic web-baseddocuments and project logs.
- Distributeinformation required for construction to appropriate parties.
- Assist engineering to ensure that materials and equipment are released for fabricationor manufacture in time to meet the construction schedule.
- Assistin the preparation of final records for the project including close-outdocuments, Operations/Maintenance (OM) Manuals, etc.
- If assigned to another Business Unit department, will perform the requisite duties and responsibilities.
*Mayperform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of four years of college graduatingbetween September 2020 and August 2021 with formal engineering or architecturaltraining or equivalent building construction experience and summerinternship/co-op experience in construction highly desirable. Knowledge of general contract, subcontractdocuments, drawings and specifications also desirable. Must have goodinterpersonal and teamwork skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing. Should be proficient with computer applicationsas required to perform responsibilities.
The physicaldemands described here are representative of those that must be met by anemployee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job,the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee isfrequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required toclimb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently liftand/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depthperception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employeeis sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionallyexposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor