The International Finance and Accounting (IFA) Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance of assigned general ledgers and performing month end close activities as documented on closing checklists. The IFA Accounting Supervisor ensures that accounting entries are properly recorded and reported in the general ledger as well as report activities as required by company policies. He/she also responds appropriately to internal requests for research and guidance, and escalates the issues as necessary. The IFA Accounting Supervisor assists in relevant system maintenance, issue research, and process improvements that impact global accounting methods.
The IFA Accounting Supervisor performs monthly close tasks such as entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis. He/She reviews existing accounting procedures for accuracy, US GAAP compliance, and managerial reporting impacts. This position ensures that current systems are operating properly to produce desired results. Researches any reported or found issues and coordinates solution. The IFA Accounting Supervisor initiates procedural change to meet business needs.
- Captures requirements and works with system developers to test new requirements or changes to existing requirements.
- Tracks and documents customer inquiries to ensure timely replies and to properly record and retain customer communications.
- Manages the implementation of system changes.
- Drafts desk level procedures to retain and utilize in training, process documentation, and compliance policies.
- Conducts conference calls with international region coordinators, managers, and supervisors to provide updates on intra-department processes.
- Determines employee training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) methods.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions.
- Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
- Report Generation: Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting - Preferred
- Experience supervising a small group of direct reports - Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Ledgers (Accounting)