To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Guaynabo, 00968
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Business Development (Government Services, PMCM, Environmental, Construction)
APTIM • Guaynabo,
Posted 2 days ago
Other Great Industries
APTIM has an opening for a Business Development Manager (BDM). The Business Development Manager position will be based in Puerto Rico and be responsible for business development efforts for our growing Government Business Unit in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. The successful candidate will identify and develop client relationships and new opportunities primarily in Government funded projects and programs and other areas of interest to the company. The successful candidate will develop effective capture strategies for targeted opportunities and be able to close new work and increase regional sales. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
* Deliver a robust pipeline of work with a win rate above industry average
* Work closely with the team of business analysts, capture managers, proposal team as well as operations team to provide direct assistance in the business development pipeline of opportunities to include assisting in technical requirements analysis, technical writing, partnership development, opportunity gate reviews, and assisting with proposal activities in accordance with established Proposal best practices, policies and guidelines.
* Consistently provide accurate sales forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
* Proactively and regularly initiate client-facing development efforts
* Develops and maintains long-lasting and meaningful relationships with public agency clients as well as industry teaming partners; collaborating to find solutions to challenging government agency projects and organizational issues.
* Supports regional marketing, sales of large multi-million dollar projects/programs, teaming partnerships and client engagement activities to implement business development initiatives.
* Monitors market conditions, innovations and trends, and competitors' performance, pricing and sales strategies to maximize competitive stance
* Leads and/or supports capture teams in pursuit planning; development of win themes; and preparation of compelling proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
* Conduct opportunity and client research
* Leads company capabilities presentations with customers; attend technical seminars and industry events.
* Assist Caribbean Business Development Lead and Operations Lead with developing and maintaining positive client relationships
* Work with Marketing Manager in the development of collateral pieces and client submittals, as needed
* Work with Operations and Project staff to enhance the company's client relationships across Operations and Project staff
* Maintain client contacts and opportunities in the Customer Relation Management and SharePoint systems
* Track goals and produce internal reports, as needed
* Develop client relationships through face to face meetings
* Maintain familiarity with a variety of PMCM's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Write and deliver excellent communications
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Organize and manage numerous pursuits and pipeline activities simultaneously.
* Lead and directing the work of others, primarily in a matrix organization.
* Work closely and seamlessly with managers that may not be geographically collocated.
* Demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and independent thought and action.
* Travel as necessary to perform duties
* Must be Bilingual Spanish/English with professional competency in oral and written communications
* Must be result oriented and hands-on
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business, Finance, Marketing or similar field.
* Must have at least 7 years of professional work in government related services or industry in the Caribbean.
* Has a track record of winning business in the government sector in Puerto Rico or the USVI
* Has in-depth expertise in own discipline and knowledge of the related disciplines
* Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions
* Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area
* Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly
* Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view
* Advanced Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business, Finance, or Marketing or similar field.
* 10+ years of industry experience
* Leadership position(s) in energy, environmental, public service, transportation, engineering and/or program and construction management professional/industry association committees, boards, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000462607006
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.