GDIT is currently seeking a Sr. Contracts Administrator in Falls Church, VA to join our team. In this role you will lead negotiation and administration of Government contracts.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers contracts and/or subcontracts, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting, and product delivery for major contracts.
- Negotiates contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management staff.
- Provides advice and interpretation of contract requirements.
- Reviews solicitation requests and GDIT proposal volumes to identify risk areas and ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Active participant on proposal team which includes pricing and scheduling strategy, coordination of requirements, and proposal risk assessment.
- Participates in program reviews, status briefings and customer interaction whenever the contracting officer is involved.
- Coordinates with program managers and all matrixed organizations to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintains, updates and communicates bid and proposal information.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contract administrators.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Participates and offers opinions on proposal and program strategy
- Initiates and maintains an extensive network of communication with contracting specialists/officers
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.Qualifications
5-8 years of related experience in contracts administration
Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in contract administration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in contract administration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFAR, and CAS.
- Effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to operate and negotiate independently
- Problem solving skill
- Extensive GDIT business acumen
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Complex Problem Solving