Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
To manage plant raw material inventory and Finished Goods distribution, ensuring consistency and operational excellence in warehouse operations with attention to forecasts, availability, alternate suppliers/distributors, and efficient use of warehouse space. Responsible for the accuracy of the inventory within the system.
- Review MRP regularly to ensure necessary raw materials and supplies are ordered and delivered on time
- Manage the flow of materials in terms of production timing, with special attention paid to limited warehouse space and specific lead-times and availability
- Create standard procedures for warehouse activities: shipping, receiving, cycle counting, materials ordering
- Train warehouse personnel on specific logistics strategies (OrTech, WM, Rate Optimization, etc)
- Plan, implement, and audit material flow system to meet production requirements
- Direct warehouse operations to ensure achievement of safety, quality, service, and cost objectives
- Lead physical inventory activities
- Develop and refine controls for inventory to ensure the twice-yearly inventory process is successful
- Maintain databases developed to track label inventory
- Read and evaluate daily inventory reports as aides to ordering
- Analysis of monthly / quarterly reports to discern patterns which allow for more accurate forecasting
- Establish and maintain performance metrics, reports, and training records
Vendor Service Level / Negotiations:
- Ensure DOT and customer compliance
- Investigates shipping errors and implements preventive actions
- Build and maintain partnerships with our distributors and vendors to foster loyalty and commitment to our mutual benefit
- Identify possible contentious issues and develop action plans in concert with our vendors or distributors. These positive relationships allow us to weather the storms of uncertain supply and/or delivery issues with as little damage to the schedule as possible
Actively participates and applies knowledge gained through Benjamin Moore's Environmental, Health, Safety and Security programs
- Bachelor's degree required ...experience in materials management, scheduling and coordinating incoming and out coming goods, warehouse management for shipping/receiving, and managing all warehouse inventories for multi-buildings a plus.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment and/or in the paint and coatings industry
- Experience with in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP strongly preferred
- Experience in expediting, inventory management, physical counts, and bill of materials
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to work with and continually develop vendors/ contractors( trucking and fleet drivers)
- Experience leading and managing a team