Additional Information About the Role
Do you enjoy providing spiritual care to patients and their families? Do you have experience in Home Health or Hospice care? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
Location: supports our Farmington & Sullivan, MO area
As Needed for vacation and sick openings
Mileage Reimbursement Overview
BJC Home Care offers patients and their families a complete range of home care services, including skilled nursing services, adult and pediatric hospice and supportive care, rehabilitation therapy, home infusion therapy, infusion treatment rooms, home medical equipment and high-tech respiratory care. Specialty home care programs also are available, including adult and pediatric asthma, cardiac, diabetes, orthopedic and wound care programs.
BJC Home Care provides care to thousands of patients in both Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25 counties, it has become the largest home care network in the region and one of the largest in the country.
Provides spiritual care, short term counseling, worship leadership, education and other religious support to patients, families and staff as members of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families.
- Provides consultation to other members of the care team regarding spiritual issues and resources in patient and family care and regarding ethics.
- Provides direct pastoral care to staff and physicians, as needed, complementing staff support services provided by others.
- Contributes to the field of professional spiritual care by conducting and reporting research, publishing and providing workshops at professional meetings.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology or related field
- <2 years of experience
- Valid Drivers License
- Ordination (or eligible by ecclesiastical authority)
Master's Degree in Theology or related field
- 1 Unit ACPE CPE (or equivalent)
- Board Certified Chaplain with APC, NACC, AJC or eligible
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Certified Chaplain