Job Posting Title:
Quality Technician II
Position Summary: Performs analysis on in-process and finished products and R&D samples to ensure specifications are met. Makes accept/reject decision on incoming raw materials and pre-shipment samples based on pre-established criteria. Places defective product on hold in accordance with procedures. Resolves and reports defect issues. Interacts with other departments to communicate testing results.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all production documents and investigate or correct for any missing or erroneous information
- Analysis and testing on in-process and finished products to ensure all quality and food safety Critical Control Points are met as defined by the applicable HACCP plan.
- Request documentation from suppliers and file:
Product specification, Ingredient Listing, Allergen Checklist, Lot Code System, MSDS sheets, Kosher Certification, Halal Status, Organic Certification, Natural Declaration, Shelf Life &Storage; Requirements, Letter of Continuing Guarantee, Certificate of Liability Insurance, GMO's & potential to contain GMO's, COA's and Country of Origin.
- Request and file Plant Licenses and Permit
- Review records and dispose according to the corporate retention policy
- Assist internal and external personnel on documentation requests, audits and inspections
- Upload documents in Impact, FSQIP and SharePoint
- Assist with the preparation and process of environmental swabs, water testing and air sampling. Report results out and complete any needed corrected action forms.
- Retain samples
- Other projects as assigned
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma
- AA or BS in Food Science a plus
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range.
Environmental, Health and Safety Requirements:
- Must wear all required personal protection equipment associated with specific manufacturing work environment and job duties as stated in the Employee Handbook, posted policies, or as assigned by leadership personnel.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment and follow all safety policies and procedures, such as lock out/tag out, safe lifting techniques, and all others as instructed.
- Inform Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Technician II. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Material Safety Data Sheet