To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Ramon, CA 94582
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting
Robert Half International • San Ramon, CA
Posted 1 month ago
JOB REQUISITIONSenior Manager, Revenue Accounting
Robert Half is seeking a Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting who is responsible for the revenue recognition evaluation with particular attention to contract compliance with RH and Protiviti Risk Policies, the development of Financial Reporting policy with respect to revenue recognition and associated validation that revenue recognition is in accordance with US GAAP. Leads the Portfolio Revenue Team. The Senior Manager is the key point of contact for Protiviti's Field Leadership including the SVP of Finance & Operations, and the Senior Finance Leadership team. The Senior Manager also has regular direct interaction with the SVP Corporate Controller, Assistant Corporate Controller, VP SEC Reporting, Director of Accounting and Director FP&A at the Corporate Level, as the underlying team also interact with these teams regularly.
The Portfolio team is comprised of professionals who are responsible for the day to day analysis of Protiviti revenues using a regional portfolio approach, to ensure appropriate compliance with US GAAP revenue recognition including month-end and quarter-end judgment for appropriate financial reporting cut-off, Protiviti accounting, and internal control policies, and compliance with SEC Reporting policy. In addition, this Team provides Financial Reporting to Protiviti Executive and finance Leadership to enhance performance and business growth. Expected to have a deep understanding of revenue recognition principles, professional services business models, SEC Reporting and SOX compliance.
The Senior Manager requires substantial experience in client service, interacting and influencing senior leadership, managing teams of professional level employees, and managing through a supervisor, including the delivery of training and apprenticeship to less experienced professionals. Proactively identify areas of improvement in the established processes, development of new accounting policies and procedures, and propose changes. Seek for added efficiencies and professionalism in every activity.
Specific responsibilities include:
Communication, Customer Service & Relationship Management
- Work directly with Staffing and Protiviti Executive and Finance Leadership as well as Engagement Managers, Managing Directors and Regional Managing Directors with respect to oversight of large, complex and strategically important clients as well as the general portfolio. Relay complex information into common terms in a clear and concise manner so they can quickly understand the underlying concepts.
- Apply knowledge of RH and Protiviti revenue policy and historical trends in preparing executive level summaries for RH Leadership.
- Actively develop deep relationships with the Staffing FSC, IZ, Protiviti field, and Finance Leadership. Act as a primary technical resource for these teams, fostering a collaborative approach while enforcing compliance with a policy.
- Seek opportunities to provide education, guidance, and training on revenue accounting policies and procedures.
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes effective internal and external staff and client relationships
- Provides guidance to Executive Field and Finance Leadership as well as the field on best practices that support RH and Protiviti policies
- Responds to and applies communication skills to facilitate resolution of customer inquiries
- Promotes activities that provide and enhance the customer service experience
- Demonstrates a customer service focus, and strives to meet and exceed service level agreements
- Escalates unresolved issues appropriately
Staffing/ Leading Teams
- Responsible for training, staff development, and the direct supervision of a team of 4+ professional level employees within the Corporate Accounting Revenue Team.
- Responsible for performance management including coaching, counseling, performance feedback, evaluations, and corrective action.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an appropriate apprenticeship model on the Revenue Team, as well as engaging with other members of the broader Revenue Accounting Team as appropriate.
Monthly Revenue Review
- Enforce compliance with RH's Global Revenue recognition policies and GAAP.
- Evaluate the impact of nonstandard contracts, change orders or other supporting documents on the revenue reporting environment.
- Exercise independent judgment and use sound analytical techniques to identify and investigate fluctuations in financial results.
- Manage the team of Regional and Strategic Portfolio Revenue Analysts through the monthly portfolio review process which includes:
- Regular communication with Engagement Managers and Managing Directors, including client and project level selling strategy, client satisfaction, project status, and billing and collections matters
- Participate in Engagement Team client strategy meetings, as appropriate.
- Evaluate material projects within the portfolio for potential inventory/revenue reserves.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (inventory aging, project run rates, project estimates, contractual limits/restrictions, etc.) to evaluate projects within the portfolio for potential inventory/revenue reserves.
- Maintain and communicate to leadership, the segment level watch lists for transactions with increased risk levels based on key financial indicators (including activity levels, billing/collection history, and DSO calculations).
- Review global client activity for ongoing inter-business unit transactions and coordinate activities as necessary to ensure appropriate global revenue recognition.
- Communicate trends and risk items to RH executives, FSC Leadership, and Protiviti Finance Operations Leadership.
Month/Quarter End Close
- Exercise independent judgment and leadership in reviewing and delivering recurring and ad hoc reporting on quarterly/annual close activity (including DSO Trend Memo, analysis of revenue adjustments, etc.).
- Support the team of professional employees in the creation of templates, complex contract uses case documentation, and other evidence to support non-recurring transactions.
- Educate Field and Finance Leadership as well as Regional Portfolio Revenue Analysts on trends in contracts.
- Validate results, present findings and recommend actions to Senior Management in Corporate Accounting, the FSC, and Finance.
- Coordinate with the Project Accounting Supervisor and the underlying team of support employees in the preparation of month-end and quarter-end close checklist procedures including the preparation and posting of revenue reserves and accruals journal entries related to the revenue accounts, and the related closure of the FSC sub-ledger accounts, including any relevant reporting to Corporate Accounting.
- Review and approve Staffing and Protiviti revenue adjustment and bad debt analyses and related posting of journal entries.
- Provides information as requested for use in the preparation of internal and external reporting as it relates to RH Global revenues.
- Perform quality assurance reviews on high risk/high-value contracts that are key drivers of revenue.
- Provide timely direction and feedback to the Revenue Accounting team regarding proper treatment, reporting, and documentation of complex contract requirements.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and US GAAP.
- Serve as a primary technical accounting resource to FSC Leadership, Corporate Accounting, Protiviti Executive and Finance Leadership, the Staffing Practice and the Protiviti Practice to assess and resolve potential accounting issues as identified.
Compliance and Regulatory
- Enforces team adherence to policies and procedures for internal controls over financial reporting and proactively resolves issues.
- Establishes, maintains, and improves documentation processes to satisfy compliance requirements.
- Identifies and remediates gaps in internal controls when circumstances change.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during the quarterly/annual audit.
- Consults with internal and external auditors on complex technical matters or when potential controls exceptions are identified.
- Regularly attends US GAAP technical training, specifically with respect to Revenue Recognition.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on regulatory and technical changes in US GAAP as it affects Revenue Recognition, internal controls over financial reporting, RH Global revenue recognition policies and procedures, Robert Half policies and procedures, and SEC compliance matters.
- Coach and mentor employees in technical accounting matters, policies, and SEC compliance matters.
- B.A., B.S. degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in progressive accounting roles, with 3+ years supervising others and 3+ years in public accounting, big4 preferred.
- Financial ERP systems experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications. Working experience with client contracts review and revenue accounting required.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and/or systems and technology quickly. Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated project management skills, a strong customer service orientation.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
JOB LOCATIONCA SAN RAMON CORP