Beacon Hill Staffing Group is partnering with an industry leading global insurance group in the Reinsurance department to identify a Bilingual Underwriting Assistant in Miami, FL. This individual will be responsible for catching up the office on their backlog of contracts, calculating commissions, performing loss-runs, and providing reporting. This position is a true temporary contract, however the group is looking for a specialized skill-set to serve as a consultant for the firm.
- Responsible for processing the bordereau reports that are sent out from brokers/ceding companies (bordereau reports will contain premium information, commissions, losses, loss reserves, cash call offsets, and other items)
- Interact with outside clients, but also responsible for communicating with Claims Department, Underwriting Team, and Finance Department
- Assisting with other duties as needed
- Understanding of reinsurance terms in English/Spanish; knowledge in Portuguese a plus
- Associate degree; or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or two years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common accounting procedures. Must have excellent phone and verbal communication skills to assist vendors and customers
- Ability to problem solve. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form
- Strong data entry skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel software
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance
- Meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner
- The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm OR 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Miami, FL
Starting Salary: $25.00-$32.00 an hour (depending on experience)
If interested, submit your resume as a Word Document. If qualified, one of our recruiters will reach out to you via phone or email to discuss next steps. Thanks and looking forward to connecting!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries.Â Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visitingÂ URL blocked - click to apply.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
reinsurance, Spanish, Portuguese, profit and loss statements, reporting, loss-runs, underwriting, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office