The Lab Team Leader leadssafe economical and efficient patient care for patients having variouslaboratory services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assistsin CAP/JCAHO/CLIA readiness for accreditation of Lab sections by keepingabreast of regulations and standards and implementation of such.
2. Performs Quality Control in all sections as requiredby standards and policy; includes quality monitors and peer evaluation
3. Actsas an expert resource for clinical, technical learning for staff and alsostudents from technical schools (Orientation, Competency Checks, ContinuingEducation, Regulatory/Required training)
4. Communicateschanges in policy, procedures and appropriate communication to staff inassigned sections
5. Helpsto develop appropriate shift/section coverage for operational efficiency andservice
6. Servesas a main resource for evaluation and analysis of patient and physicianconcerns
7. Performslaboratory procedures as required and serves as an expert resource fortechnical issues
8. Actsas a key resource for Computer related issues; Assists in development andmaintenance of Laboratory Information systems
9. Assistswith staff evaluations for merit increases, promotions, transfers, disciplinaryactions and separations.
10. Participatesin Peer Interview Team for hiring staff
11. Assistsin the evaluation of new techniques and procedures in the laboratory in termsof equipment, space, method comparison, cost analysis and implementation
12. Helpsto maintain adequate supplies/inventory for efficient operation of lab sections
13. Maintainsknowledge of needed repairs and maintenance of laboratory equipment (servicecontracts, preventive maintenance)
14. Offersinput for preparation of annual operating and capital budgets and monthlyreports for assigned sections
15. Mustbe able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care toneonatal, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.
1. Current license by Louisiana State Board of MedicalExaminers as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
2. Bachelor of Science in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science ormedical technology from an accredited institution OR
AssociateDegree in a laboratory science (chemical or biological science) or medicallaboratory technology from an accredited institution, or equivalent laboratorytraining and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation42CFR493.1489 with a minimum of 4 years of pertinent full-time laboratoryexperience required.
3. Working knowledge of all lab procedures.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work asdefined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, ormoving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as toand from various hospital areas
Electronic Medical Record
Utilize Nursing Process
Assign Nursing Staff
Coordinate Nursing Unit