To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Texarkana, TX
- Dirt Cheap
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Store Manager - Dirt Cheap
Dirt Cheap • Texarkana, TX
Posted 1 month ago
We are Channel Control Merchants, an extreme value retailer with a unique, no frills buying experience. We negotiate the best price on closeouts, excess inventory, customer returns & salvage products to deliver excellent deals to our customers. "Excellent Deals, Dirt Cheap!" We have been in business for over 30 years providing our industry leading services to U.S. and international companies. We meet their specific geographic distribution requirements for resale by selling through our network of over 105 retail stores, or through export operations to over 40 countries worldwide.
Dirt Cheap is looking for a high-energy Store Manager with a passion for leadership, retail and customer service in Texarkana, TX.
The Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of their store's performance. They provide leadership, management, and supervision for the entire store operation while selecting, developing, supervising, and leading subordinate management and a sales team that is passionate about selling and servicing our customers. Responsibilities include (among others) planning the execution of and implementing our business strategies, overseeing the management and execution of merchandising, associate hiring and development, superior customer services, the ultimate accountability for overall financial results, compliance with policies and procedures, and the safety and security of customers, employees, and all property and merchandise; and other duties as assigned.
- Financial oversight of all sales and profit goals. Achievement of superior results by developing and implementing strategies for merchandising, margin management, expense control and shrinkage reduction
- Provide outstanding customer service through the formation and proper scheduling of an engaged workforce. Establish, model, and monitor service expectations in accordance with company guidelines
- Formulate and execute plans for the recruitment, hiring, evaluation, and development of store associates. Support and meet company expectations for employee retention and developing leadership talent
- With appropriate oversight, ensure that the Assistant Store Manager remains primarily responsible for and carries out his or her own management and supervisory responsibilities
- Perform all functions of opening and closing the store as needed
- Develop and support a team-oriented environment with Assistant Managers and all other associates of store
- Monitor and assist direct reports in ensuring freight flow, merchandise maintenance, and operational controls are maintained to company standards
- Timely and accurate completion of all internal reporting processes
- Maintain building, grounds, and equipment in good repair
- Additional responsibilities to be determined as business needs arise
- Ability to operate store equipment (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, forklifts, etc.)
- Ability to process merchandise information through store computer system, register and complete all required paperwork
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, including the outside perimeter of the store
- Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Higher education, including two and four-year degrees related to business management preferred, but not required
- Minimum of three years store management experience in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business, or demonstration of skills and learning through an internal development program and selection process
- Possess the ability to effectively manage in a professional work environment
- The ability to exercise sound judgment
- Efficient planning, prioritization and implementation of detailed instructions
- The ability to learn and communicate new information and processes to all associates within company standards
- Comprehension of selling and service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills
- Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodation. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Must be willing to work irregular or non-core business hours, nights, weekends as needed to have store coverage.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Benefits include Health, Dental and Life Insurances, 401(k), Vacation and Holidays after meeting eligibility requirements.