To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Wallops Island, VA 23337
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Electronic Technician Journeyman
Ljt & Associates Inc • Wallops Island, VA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LJT & Associates, Inc. provides a wide range of engineering and other support services to the U.S. Government and International customers. We are a diversified information technology services company with expertise in the analysis, design, development and implementation of a variety of software and hardware integration solutions. The company has experienced significant growth and seeks qualified candidates to support continued growth in all of our business sectors.Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing routine, non-routine, and complex assignments involving responsibility for
planning and conducting a complete project
- May train and be assisted by lower level technicians
- Work on various types of electronic equipment and related devices by performing one or a combination of
the following: installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, constructing, and
- Work requires practical application of technical knowledge of electronic principles, ability to determine
malfunctions, and skill to put equipment in required operating condition.
- Work closely with telemetry engineers building up airborne telemetry system, including payload construction,
wire harnesses, test cables for component, circuit card assembly, and deck testing
- Direct and oversee packing and unpacking of payloads and required equipment for field operations and escort
payloads to the field for testing, build-up, and launch
- Tasks will involve acceptance and qualification testing of all types of telemetry components
- Operate and perform preventative maintenance on telemetry ground station equipment during component
and payload checks both at Building F–10 and remote stations
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Minimum 8 years of general experience, 6 years as an electronic technician or a total of 10 years of general
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Technical Studies or equivalent military/trade school certification
- Technical knowledge of electronic principles and ability to use schematics in such areas as drafting, designing,
equipment construction, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and understanding of airborne telemetry systems including wiring, installation of payload
components, performance of initial payload checks, and ground station pre-launch testing and launch support
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of electronic test equipment to support component / payload
testing and checkout of prototype electronic instrumentation
Training or certification in the following may be required:
- Crimp, Cable, and Harness Certification per NASA-STD-8739.4
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- Mate / Demate per NASA-STD-8739.4
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- Ordnance / Pyrotechnics Certification per GSFC / WFF 800-PG-8715.0.2C
- Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies per ANSI / J-STD-001F
LJT is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V