PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
A manufacturing company, located in the East side of Houston is currently looking for a Production Supervisor, reporting directly to the Plant Manager. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for planning, scheduling and executing Production activities in the safest, most efficient and cost-effective manner. The successful candidate will be devoted to Safety as the #1 Priority, uncompromising in Quality and customer sensitivity, and skilled in applying Lean methodologies to sustain a safe, clean, waste-free, efficient plant.
- Must be able to work other shifts, as needed (Monday to Friday, with some Saturdays included)
- Enforce safety policies and procedures to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job
- Train and re-train employees on how to safety use machinery
- Communicates job expectations and provides feedback to management
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
- Leads by example, learning and working ‘hands-on’ along with employees
- Setting daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicating them to employees.
- Plan, monitor, and appraise job results, by coaching, training, and counseling employees
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Hire, train, develop, motivate, and periodically do performance evaluations on Production employees
- Evaluate each station of the manufacturing process to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitor progress, and revising schedules as needed.
- Plan, organize, direct and control daily production on all shifts
- Apply Lean techniques to continuously improve quality and efficiency to implement cost reductions
- Take responsibility for ensuring the Quality of all products produced
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Ensure all resources and assets are used efficiently and correctly.
- Communicate machine malfunctions, and escalates them to Maintenance
- Recommends procedures, systems, equipment, and machinery alterations to reduce cost, resolve problems, ensure production quality, reduce scrap, and improve production efficiency.
- Prepare and meet production schedules and employee work schedules
- Manage operating budgets to improve plan objectives
- Works as a team leader, not only for the shift, but also coordinates team effort with other Production Supervisors, Management, and HR.
Education: Technical Degree Minimum, engineering or relevant field will be an advantage
Experience: Experience in Manufacturing and/or Leadership Roles
Languages: Exceptional English Reading, Writing, Speaking; Spanish a Plus
Credentials: Lean Certification Preferred
Skills: Computer and MS Office Literacy Required
Style: Strong, Ethical, Positive, Motivational, Hands-on Leadership Style
Travel: Infrequent, Occasional Intercompany or Customer Visits
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Working under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, paying careful attention to detail, making decisions and handling a large, challenging workload in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Skills: Oral communication, being goal-oriented, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning, organizing, cost-consciousness and the willingness to cooperate with people in other functions, companies and Management.
Hardworking And Dedicated