Through the use of SAP, analyze, plan and execute procurement of materials with assigned suppliers to ensure proper balance between supply and demand while providing an uninterrupted flow of materials, and supporting inventory targets and purchasing initiatives. Manage the purchasing cycle, from executing requisitions, purchase order creation and follow up, and resolving invoice discrepancies. Manages the purchasing cycle, from executing requisitions, purchase order creation and follow up, and resolving invoice discrepancies. Responsible for developing and implementing improvement goals and initiatives in support of overall Supply Chain strategy.
- Create and maintain SAP planning and purchasing parameters, and material master data for designated products/portfolio.
- Lead and participate in projects for supply chain activities. Serve as main point of contact in day-to-day operations, and provide guidance to resolve supply chain issues as needed.
- Understands and utilizes analytical concepts, using business acumen in the evaluation and analysis of data, processes and systems.
- Manage strong working relationships and communications with operations/manufacturing and key suppliers.
- Act as first line of escalation and determining root causes for part shortages.
- Responsible for initiating and driving supplier performance improvement goals and initiatives, and monitoring and initiating corrective and preventive measures.
- Attend supplier quarterly business reviews to discuss previous quarter supplier performance and provide current business needs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation/execution of inventory strategy for strategic products/portfolio assuring right inventory is available as per the demand, while achieving or exceeding established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Education: BA/BS in related field or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
Related Experience: Five (5) plus years of Purchasing, Planning, Supply Chain experience.
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- Proficient knowledge & experience in SAP
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects at once
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to executive management
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability perform data analysis
- Strong understanding of supply chain concepts and application
- Travel required 20%
Material Requirements Planning