To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apple Bank for Savings • New York, NY
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
New York, NY
The District Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient operation of managing full service branches within the assigned district inclusive of sales, operations, customer service, security, and safety in accordance with the Bank's objectives. He/she provides leadership, training, supervision, and delegates day-to-day operation to Branch Managers and/or other branch network personnel. The District Manager is responsible for attaining Bank goals through active participation in the sales management process. This is a key Retail Banking leadership role accountable for financial growth and operational soundness within the assigned district. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Branch Administration.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor, report, and update Senior Management on employee relations, customer service issues, operations, and sales initiatives/production for the district. Submit monthly recaps to Senior Management detailing the above topics.
- Analyze market data to aid Business Development efforts in specific branch areas. Provide statistics, reporting, and resources that will contribute to new deposit acquisition and overall growth.
- Effectively integrate all corporate sales, service, and operational policies and procedures within the district.
- Review all relative reports to ensure integrity, operational excellence, and to mitigate loss to the bank. Guide, approve, and authorize actions as required and needed in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Work with Branch Development in evaluating, developing, and recommending sales and service strategies to implement within the branch network.
- Participate in career coaching and develop employees to meet performance expectations. Engage in succession planning and work with branch personnel to ensure the development of future leaders within the organization. Serve as a coach and mentor to retail branch network and other employees within the company as necessary.
- Coordinate managerial staff coverage within the district.
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with relative business lines, departments, partners, and peers. Serve as an intermediary between the district and other departments.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities. Assist Branch Managers with the support of significant community events in their marketing area.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and resolution to the Retail Banking network relative to customer complaints and concerns in person, via telephone, and/or in writing as needed.
- Oversee completion of annual performance evaluations for all personnel within the district. Evaluate the performance of Branch Managers.
- Participate in the interview and recruitment process of employees as necessary.
- Oversee all performance management issues and work directly with the Human Resources Department to effectively navigate through all employee relations issues.
- Participate in branch sales goal setting for the district.
- Provide sound direction on important decisions inclusive of customer and employee related issues, operations, and sales.
- Accomplish organizational goals by completing related tasks as needed.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Retail Banking related experience including management experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s policies, procedures, practices, and controls.
- Thorough knowledge of all Bank products and services.
- Must possess exceptional networking capability.
- Excellent decision making and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must exhibit strong leadership competencies, collaboration, flexibility, influence, innovation, creativity, integrity, and passion.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Results-oriented and driven with strong business acumen.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic economic and business concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel to branch locations within the assigned district.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement and moreto full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.