Location of Position:
8586 Miramar Place, San Diego, CALIFORNIA 92121-2530 USA
The SDI Service Technician will set up and service water purification systems at customer sites. In this role, you will deliver, set up and exchange ion exchange tanks to customers in commercial and industrial applications.
* Drive truck to deliver ion exchange tanks and water treatment equipment to customer site.
* Ensure that correct equipment required for the daily route is loaded, secured and meets quality specs. Load and unload tanks on truck and maintains correct inventory on board truck as required.
* Completes Vehicle Inspection Reports for pre-trip inspection.
* Keep accurate accountability of inventory at each site and make changes as needed. Communicates changes thru the proper channels and follows up to ensure that changes have been made.
* Takes water samples and conducts the following tests including but not limited to TDS, resistivity, Cl2, and hardness. Accurately record results.
* Rinses ion exchange tanks to customer specifications at customer sites and ensures quality specifications met.
* Performs both dry and wet ion exchange tank exchanges.
* Performs maintenance on equipment to include minor PVC repair.
* Maintains good housekeeping at all times, which includes the vehicles and customer sites.
* Follows GE and customer EHS policies and rules.
* Maintains contact with customer on site, communicating effectively, politely, and responding to their needs. Maintains good customer relationships.
* Assist with equipment or product delivery outside normal scope when needed due to business levels.
* May be required to be on call during non-business hours.
* Maintains and safeguards company assets (plant, fleet, equipment and inventory).
*HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
* Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record history
* Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
* Ability to use hand truck and pallet jacks to move heavier loads
* Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
* Ability and willingness to: read, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations; to write reports; to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
* Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
Weekly 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered:
Number of Job Openings:
Join the Resource Revolution! SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
SUEZ's Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. SWTS is an URL blocked - click to apply. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.