To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Engineer (Mechanical)
Apex Systems • Irvine, CA
Posted 21 days ago
Global Medical Device company in Irvine is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join their team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, test, and/or improve products by developing complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols), analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports, based on engineering principles
- Generate work instructions, test methods, engineering models and drawings/prototypes, etc., to establish/characterize product and/or process specifications
- Create/update more complex design control documents including requirement specs, and risk documents
- Develop and execute engineering project plans
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers
- Assign R&D support tasks; give instruction to technicians on conducting tests; train technicians and provide feedback; and coordinate technician work
- Evaluate input and form a technical recommendation including designing parts, components and subsystems
- Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on routine procedures
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific field with 4 years experience required or
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific field with 3 years experience required
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred
- Strong documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Basic understanding of fatigue in metals is highly desirable
- Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required
- Substantial understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Substantial understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
- Ability to maintain strict attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178