To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fargo, ND
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Chief Financial Officer
ExecuNet • Fargo, ND
Posted 1 month ago
Company is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join their team. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the company’s financial, accounting, treasury, tax, and planning functions. The CFO will manage a small group of people and will interact regularly with Company’s Board of Directors.
- Strategic financial leader. Partner closely with the CEO, the Board and the management team in developing and implementing transformational business strategies for growth, cost management and new markets. Contribute to the overall success of the business by understanding the industry, products, and direct marketing/customer acquisition activities associated with the business. Act as a thought leader by providing analytical insight and perspective. Monitor and drive performance and provide financial oversight. Serve as the primary interface with our investment firm and external constituents.
- Corporate finance. Play a leading role in defining the company’s financial structure and balance sheet. Interface with financial institutions.
- Stewardship. Supervise the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports, tax filings, and analyses of performance, variance and cash flow to the strictest standards. Ensure the fiscal integrity of the company’s business through the enhancement and management of accounting systems and controls. Provide organizational leadership to encompass general ledger accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, treasury, and financial analysis.
- Business planning. Support development of the strategic planning process including capital and operating budgets. Establish annual financial goals and monitor and analyze performance against these objectives. Develop high quality financial analysis to provide context and insight to decision makers across the company.
- Team builder & leader. Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top-quality financial talent to ensure the finance organization has a high level of performance and productivity. Instill a culture that emphasizes accountability and transparency among the finance team.
Qualified Candidates Experience Profile:
- Demonstrated track record of success in a CFO or senior finance role of appropriate scale for a public or private company. Work in a PE-backed company in a leveraged environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in implementing and managing rigorous, disciplined financial controls, financial management systems and performance measures.
- Experience in a variety of professional environments. The ideal candidate will bring the rigor representative of larger companies yet will also have a proven ability to execute within a more entrepreneurial company.
Key Competencies Desired for Success:
- Strategic Business Partner: A history of a strong advisory relationship with a CEO, president or general manager that is based on expertise, intellect and a style that is direct and open. Works in partnership with individuals and teams across the organizational landscape and acts as a catalyst for action.
- Drive for Business Achievement: Constantly has an eye on the bottom line impact of potential strategies and pushes back on concepts that do not add real economic or strategic value, yet understands and is supportive of initiatives needed to grow the business. Is naturally curious and constantly looks for cost savings and margin enhancement opportunities. Demonstrates a sense of urgency yet remains calm under pressure. Well organized and rigorous in prioritization of issues and opportunities.
- Credible Influencer, Collaborator and Relationship Developer: Brings proactive communication skills and a keen sense of how to connect with people and build trust.
Character and Personal Attributes:
- An individual with unquestioned personal and business integrity whose professional stature will command respect and credibility inside and outside the company.
- A sense of urgency, high energy, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. A willingness to work hard and be hands-on.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.