Location: Houston, TX
Contract: 6 months
The position is office based but will need to go offshore with the vessel in the execution phase
We are looking for someone with umbilical and installation experienceJob Description
- The Senior Engineer will be performance responsible for ensuring production of work deliverables within the approved and agreed project/tender/study/vessel plan and in an independent manner with support from more experienced personnel only when required.
- Perform Package Management responsibilities for various packages. Work in accordance with the Process Map for Package Management.
- Identify workload concerns in projects at an early stage and provide suggested solutions to Project Technical Manager.
- Provide support on a range of SURF installation activities and products including ordering and delivery of SURF products (material, testing and manufacturing follow up) and other products from time to time.
- Prepare relevant scopes of work and specifications for various tenders and projects.
- Become heavily involved in the process of technical follow up of ITTs for tenders and projects.
- Provide technical support and guidance to other team members where relevant.
- You may be responsible for preparation of offshore procedures relevant to your workscope in an independent manner with support from more experienced personnel only when required.
- You may be responsible for performing rigging calculations to determine lifting equipment related to your workscope in an independent manner with support from more experienced personnel only when required.
- You may need to perform subcontractor follow up for delivery of relevant products or installation aids in an independent manner with support from more experienced personnel only when required.
- You will be responsible for specifying the procurement items that are required for your workscope in an independent manner with support from more experienced personnel only when required.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that relevant reviews of technical solutions are conducted on the installation workscope in an independent manner with support from more experienced personnel only when required.
- You will be responsible for presenting and conduct design reviews and risk assessments on your installation workscope in an independent manner with support from more experienced personnel only when required.
- You may be required to provide input into dynamic installation analysis as required.
- You may be required to undertake occasional offshore trips.
- You will be required to perform consistent, efficient and high quality engineering driving safety and overall performance.
- You will be responsible for planning and organising your own workload with the support from Project Technical Managers or Engineering Leads.
- Deliver all work in line with the quality systems within BMS (eg. design change control, management of change onshore and offshore, document revision history, etc).
- Deliver all work with special focus on ensuring that the health and safety of all personnel and the impacts on the environment are considered and addressed.
- Proactively contribute to risk identification, assessment and management relevant to the workscopes and Highlight any enterprise/tender/project/task risks that you can identify and use the systems available to ensure these risks are recorded in the relevant risk registers.
- Prepare and agree with project/tender/study/vessel lead/manager the deliverables of the workscope and meet these agreed objectives.
- At the start of any new assignment to a workscope, ensure the duration of the assignment is clear with both line management and functional management as well as the percentage of your workload for all assignments.
- Agree with the manager/lead of the workscope the responsibilities for that scope. Particularly in a project environment these responsibilities should be agreed and documented.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.