$29.69 to $34.38 hourly
If you're an experienced Senior Accountant with an eye for accuracy, Accountemps currently has a long-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity for you to check out. Operating as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting for a government contractor. This Senior Accountant opportunity is located in the Newport News, Virginia area and will offer a great you a great detail oriented experience along with attractive compensation. The ideal Senior Accountant will be someone seeking to succeed in a challenging environment and who has demonstrated success doing so before. Apply today!
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Review financial results (benchmarks, trends, performance metrics)
- Complete other projects as required
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Achieve compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures and controls by working with business partners
- An endless desire to improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Assemble monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
-DOD experience is a must!
- SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
- Ability to work well with functional department managers
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
- Proficient at analyzing financial data and promptly creating accurate reports
- Familiarity with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- ERP system experience
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience
- A candidate with financial reporting systems proficiency will be the best fit for this position
- Solid understanding of Company Internal Control
- Month end closings experience
- Adeptness in account reconciliation
- Proficiency in financial reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of Peachtree Sage
- Year end closings experience
- General ledger experience
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
Please contact Ben Ferry today at Email blocked - click to apply
to apply for this position. There are limited interview slots available with this client!
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles