JOB TITLE: Mechanic
REPORTING TO: Mechanical Supervisor / Senior Mechanic
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment and systems.
• Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
• Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
• That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
• Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
• Good and clear communications with all involved parties
• That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
• Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
• That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
• That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
• Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
• Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
• Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
• Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
• Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
• All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
• All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
• Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
• Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
• Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
• That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
• As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
• Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
• Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and tools
• Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Minimum two years experience in the military, offshore drilling or heavy industrial environment
• Formal Technical Certificate from a recognized body
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Regulatory Awareness
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO RESIDENTS OF NOVA SCOTIA
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer
- Emergency Handling
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)