ABOUT POET NUTRITION
In addition to creating biofuels at POET, we produce other valuable goods that we call co-products. These co-products include five million tons of our Dakota Gold distillers grain animal feed and 600 million pounds of our Voila corn oil, and our latest innovation, JIVE which is a green and renewable asphalt rejuvenator and modifier. It is our role at POET Nutrition to market these high quality products and provide the lowest cost logistics solutions for our customers.
Each day, when we show up to work at POET Nutrition it’s our job to market and transport, as efficiently as possible, the high quality products our customers have come to expect. As a part of that commitment to excellence, we also believe in being a partner on both the commercial and technical front. We want to help each and every one of our customers be successful and delighted with the products they purchase. In addition, we want to provide solid research and technical support for potential customers to successfully grow our business.
THIS JOB MAY BE FOR YOU IF\u2026
- You know how to build long-lasting relationships. People naturally like and trust you. You love the challenge of meeting new people.
- You enjoy solving problems. You don’t get flustered when things don’t go according to plan. You love taking on challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You like helping people. You’re patient and level-headed. You really enjoy exceeding someone else’s expectations.
- Problems look like opportunities to you. You are driven to find the answer to difficult questions or opportunities.
- You communicate effectively. You write well. You speak articulately. You’re comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
- You foster relationships to maintain and increase sales with existing accounts
- You pay attention to the details. For you, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every time.
- You’re a learner. You’re not afraid of taking on new things and stretching yourself. You’re not afraid to ask questions as you’re always looking to improve.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or similar real-world sales experience and/or experience in Asphalt Engineering, Mix Design or appropriate field experience.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
A TYPICAL DAY
- Support current and potential customer sales needs
- Sales forecasting, planning and reporting
- Coordination of customer orders with the asphalt customer and the JIVE logistics team
- Prospect new accounts and identify the key decision makers to work with
- Generate leads via cold calling, professional networking, and referral requests
- Work closely with the JIVE technical team to gain approval from contractors and Department of Transportation (DOT) authorities as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the folk you work with both internally at POET and at our customer sits
- Attend webinars, conferences, and other outside events to grow your skill set and spread the work about the exciting products POET has available. Relationships truly do matter!
WORK ENVIRONMENT & BENEFITS
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s our code.
- We have an open work environment. No offices. We’re all in this together and we work close together.
- Traveling up to 50% of the time may be required during certain times of the year.
- We work hard. We play hard. We have frequent team events. Bowling, karaoke, golf, obstacle course, trap shooting, and yes, lots of pot lucks!
- Not much physical labor as most of your time will be in the office at your desk where you can sit or stand.
- At POET, we want you to live a healthy, happy and balanced life so you’ll have access to an on-site state-of-the-art Fitness Center, natural wellness options and several opportunities to contribute to a better world as a volunteer.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Confident And Emotionally Stable