UnitedHealth Group is a company on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the healthcare industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Responsible for regulatory compliance oversight for the health, wellness, and welfare plans of UnitedHealth Group and their affiliated entities (the “Plans”), which includes compliance testing, reporting and research of benefits laws. The Compliance Consultant must have the ability to research, analyze and explain benefits laws and regulations to assist in ensuring that UnitedHealth Group’s Plans maintain compliance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research, analyze and apply federal, state, and local regulations to Plans to ensure compliance
- Act as the key resource for the Benefits Administration and Employee Experience team responsible for advising of complex health and welfare compliance questions/issues. As part of this work, clearly explain risk and risk mitigation strategies as well as developing innovative solutions
- Responsible for project management and annual update of Summary Plan Descriptions for health and welfare ERISA plans
- Support communications processes and develop or review content to ensure alignment with Benefit plans/programs/policies
- Assist in the execution of annual compliance routines, including ACA reporting, Form 5500 filings, non-discrimination testing, state and local reporting
- Maintain awareness and understanding of new and existing laws, regulations and guidance applicable to the Plans, including, but not limited to, the ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, Section 125, and COBRA
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or related experience
- 5+ years of employee benefits compliance and/or health plan experience in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Experience working knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, Section 125, HSA rules and other benefit and regulatory requirements
- Experience in the following areas: research and analysis of health and welfare laws and regulations, drafting and reviewing Summary Plan Descriptions, understanding of ACA requirements, including experience with ACA reporting, Form 5500 filing and nondiscrimination testing support
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Retirement plan compliance and/or administration experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Self-directed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong time management, organization and project management skills
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN, 942203.