GHD is growing and seeking General Laborer(s)
to join our construction team in our Plainwell, MI
office. The Laborer will be working in various projects for extended periods throughout the mid-west. Responsibilities include:
- Supply input and frequent improvements or changes to the Job Safety Analysis Plan
- Dig ditches or trenches, back-fill excavations, compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers and rakes
- Clean, remove and prepare materials used on site to eliminate possible hazards
- Control traffic passing near, in and around work zones; signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials
- Measure, mark and record openings and distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed
- Observe and comply with all company and specific site safety procedures and project policies, and maintain the construction site in strict accordance with OSHA guidelines
- Communicate with others by all means possible (visible or radio contact) including interpreting hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed or loaded
- May perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, including: lifting, positioning and securing materials during installation
- Responsible for care and custody of tools being used, including daily cleaning and maintenance
Our commitment to you
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous construction industry experience preferred
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training required for positions at most job sites, the 8 Hour HAZWOPER refresher course, TWIC and MSHA certification preferred but will train the right candidate
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly, climb, operate motorized vehicles and equipment, work in confined spaces, at heights and around heavy equipment required
- Must be able to work in a construction environment with potential exposure to dust, noise, waste, toxic and infectious materials and in possible inclement weather
- Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo (lregional area)
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
Please attach your resume and cover letter via the link below
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Job Safety Analysis
Hazardous Waste Operations And Emergency Response Standard (Hazwoper)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)