To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Manager, Business Develop
General Dynamics Information Technology • Huntsville, AL
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Army Group of General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Business Development (BD) Sr. Manager to pursue U.S. Army Enterprise IT and Cyber Security opportunities. This position is located at the GDIT facility in Huntsville, AL, but alternate locations and telecommuting can be entertained.
The successful BD Manager will be responsible for new business growth in their designated market area which may be all of ARMY Enterprise IT and Cyber Security or a subset of that market. The successful candidate will identify new business opportunities that fit the organization’s strategy, develop and maintain prospective customer relationships, understand customer budgets, problems, issues, and constraints, and develop winning solutions. Candidates at this level will develop the initial capture strategy, internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing for each opportunity. The BD Manager will leverage customer relationships and personal experience in assessing potential business opportunities that result in measurable revenue growth, qualify them as meaningful opportunities, and work with professional capture managers to win new business. For each opportunity, the BD Manager will be expected to identify capability gaps, emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, monitor competitor activity, and develop solution concepts in accordance with requirements that can be executed at reasonable profit.
The BD Manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of business development across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. Performance evaluations will be based on individual success in continually identifying and winning opportunities while participating appropriately in captures up to contract award. For smaller opportunities, the BD Manager may also serve as capture manager.
The BD Manager is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, infrastructure points of contact (POCs), staff, and customers and is expected to display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Work with Capture Managers in call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
- Occasionally serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the GDIT business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews
- Collaborate with GDIT Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD personnel and capture and line management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
- Interact routinely with various levels of management, functional leads, other staff, and customers
- Brief business development status to senior management when material changes occur and as required by the GDIT business development process
- 15+ years of experience in Enterprise IT and Bachelor's degree, or 13+ years of experience and a Master's degree
- A proven track record of successful business development across multiple DoD organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Intimate organizational and mission knowledge of, and experience with the designated market, and more specifically organizations that require or procure Enterprise IT and Cyber Solutions
- Experience in Large Scale Enterprise IT and Cyber Solutions, including Cloud Migration, Network Modernization and Operations, Operations, Enterprise Modernization, Enterprise Data Warehouse / Analytics, and IT Operations
- Demonstrated working relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Experience with US military budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Ability to travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 50% per month
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 20+ years of experience in Enterprise IT.
- First-hand experience with US military Enterprise IT operations in the designated market to include systems engineering / systems integration, web development, managed services, technology insertion, software and hardware configuration, application development/deployment, and cyber security
- The ideal candidate will have primary military/DoD experience and have previously served as a program manager / line manager before transitioning to the business development field.
- Five or more years of successful program/project management experience
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with line management, technical staff, functional staff, and peers across GDIT
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $1B or greater
- A deep understanding of teaming and subcontracting to include experience with creating teaming agreements, vendor relationships, service level agreements, and contractor teaming arrangements
- A working knowledge of NAICS and PSCs for teammate selection and evaluation
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.