Manages, directs, and plans all aspects of airframe and avionics maintenance and installation activity to conform to established goals and objectives. Coordinates with other departments to ensure high quality maintenance, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and business profitability. Makes decisions daily regarding price quotes for customers, maintenance priorities and methods, job assignments, and equipment/tooling purchases. Interacts with all levels of management within the Company, at customer and vendor companies, and outside agencies. Supports all safety, environmental, and company policies. Performs other duties as required by the facility and carries out special projects as assigned. Also ensures that all employees under his/her supervision receive appropriate technical training and operate in a safe, environmentally conscious manner. This position reports directly to the VP/GM of the facility.
- Plans and directs aircraft and avionics maintenance, installation, and shop activities and coordinates with other departments to assure high quality work and timely delivery to our customers.
- Attains P & L objectives by monitoring work-in-process to assure that work is accomplished within allotted hours and within cost of sales parameters.
- Responsible for all Hangar Line Maintenance functions, as well as the Electrical Shop, Avionics Shop, and Sheet Metal Shop.
- Reviews contract pricing to ensure competitiveness, profitability, customer satisfaction, and market growth are maintained.
- Closely monitors sales forecast and WIP and works with the sales team to ensure plan targets are met.
- Reviews and corrects invoices for work performed in areas of his/her control to ensure the accuracy of the work description, hours charged, and parts issued.
- Coordinates and reviews the preparation of all work estimates (quotes) to ensure a prompt response to our customers.
- This position is a point of contact for technical questions from customers and for status of work-in-progress.
- Ensures that all employees receive appropriate technical training and on-the-job instruction to maintain the highest standards of quality.
- Initiates and supports continuous improvement of operational processes and support activities.
- Coordinates and liaises with quality assurance, engineering, material, customer service, sales, finance, etc. to resolve difficult or continuing problems and ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
- Monitors and analyzes output, cycle times, routings, labor, quality, staffing, facility usage, budget, financial performance, etc. for all cells/service operations and oversees and participates in the resolution of problems or reinforcement of positive findings.
- Conducts regular capacity planning of equipment, floorspace and manpower required based on forecast arisings.
- Formulates, recommends and implements policies and programs to guide the corporation in maintaining and improving the competitive position and profitability of the operation.
- Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
- Ensures that all employees receive safety training and consistently employ safe work practices.
- Responsible for ensuring positive employee relations by dealing with issues in a fair, equitable, and consistent manner.
- Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of related 4-year post-secondary education (i.e. Bachelor) preferred.
- FAA Airframe and Power plant license and minimum of 7 years recent experience in general aviation maintenance; 5 years in a leadership role.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Must have planning, scheduling, and manpower allocation skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
- Possesses financial acumen, strong organizational, analytical, strategic planning, decision making and problem solving skills, while demonstrating situational awareness.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal customer and employee relations skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Must be able to:
- sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- bend and climb in order to look at various parts of the aircraft.
- manipulate a telephone, calculator, and computer keyboard.
- speak audibly and intelligibly over the telephone and in person.
- see and read technical information and invoices.
- work well in a demanding, stressful, fast-paced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.