Empire Distributors Inc, A Leading Beverage Distributor is now hiring an On-Premise Sales Representative. This person represents Empire Distributors, Inc. and its brands to food and beverage establishments. This person will sell beer, wine and non-alcoholic products to taverns, hotels, restaurants, cocktail lounges, bowling alleys and other businesses. Our company offers excellent benefits, competitive wages and the potential for growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Service and maintain current accounts with orders and provide prompt, courteous customer service.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites and other sources.
• Prepares monthly planning and goals and tracks as necessary or required.
• Conduct Sales review with accounts.
• Place orders and follows up to ensure the best customer service is provided.
• Maintains existing accounts and provides customer service in accordance with EDI's customer service philosophy and standards.
• Schedule product promotions and wine dinners.
• Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers at the on premise place of business or by phone.
• Sustains the minimum number of sales calls as determined by District Manager.
• Handles damaged and off-condition product.
• Distribute, track and display various Point of Sale items.
• Quotes prices and prepares sales orders.
• Assist in credit terms for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's delivery schedules.
• Confers with District Manager to resolve customer problems.
• Works with Customer Service Representative and Operations employees to assure the best service is provided to our customers.
• Coordinates customer training.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
• Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries. Attends trade shows.
• Rides with suppliers to showcase brands and increase sales.
• Focuses on 'Building Brands and Developing People'
• Maintains frequent and open communication with drivers, driver supervisors, district manager, sales managers and the general manager.
• Continually maintains training and product knowledge.
• Delivers emergency orders when needed.
• Conducts business according to local and state laws.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have the ability to sustain a current and valid Alcohol Sales Permit issued by the State of North Carolina ABC Commission.
Valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle insurance reflecting company standards.
Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of Order Processing Systems
PLEASE COMPLETE ENTIRE APPLICATION - INCLUDE WORK HISTORY IN 'RESUME' SECTION. NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY MAY CAUSE APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED.
Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. I understand that if I am hired, my employment will be for no definite period, regardless of the period of payment of my wages. I further understand that I am employed on an 'at-will' basis which means that I have the right to terminate my employment at anytime with or without notice, and the Company has the same right. No one other than the President of the Company has authority to modify this relationship or make any agreement to the contrary. Any such modification or agreement must be in writing, signed by the President.
I understand that if I am hired this application and all supporting documents will become part of my permanent employee record.
I understand that the company reserves the right to require me to submit to a drug test at any time and also reserves the right to require me to submit to an alcohol test and/or medical examination to the extent permitted by law. I understand that the Company may contact my previous employers and I authorize those employers to disclose to the Company all records and other information pertinent to my employment with them, whether favorable or unfavorable. I also authorize the Company to provide truthful information concerning my employment with it to my future prospective employers and I agree to hold it harmless for providing such information.
By submitting this application, I certify that all information that I provide on this application and in any interview will be true, complete and accurate. I understand if I am employed and any such information is later found to be false, incomplete or misleading in any respect, I may be discharged. #CB