Accountable for a revenue goal met through the acquisition of new clients from internal and external sources, and the retention and expansion of an assigned book of business. Consults and coordinates on the delivery of solutions for a comprehensive wealth management strategy for individuals, business owners, and/or families. Serves as mentor for a small group of Private Client Advisors and exercises general guidance in the relationship planning process for clientsPrimary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Leads the client relationship team and has overall responsibility for assuring the client has access to all resources and solutions of the firm. Work closely with Client Managers, Private Banking, Investment Advisors and Fiduciary Advisors to assess client's current financial situation, goals and objectives to determine solutions through the financial planning process. Prioritize short term and long term needs of the client based on the analysis.
- Responsible for leading the development of sales strategies to grow client base . Promote and sell the full array of financial services distributed by the Company to current and new clients.
- Coordinates team communication and activities. Recommend ideas, suggestions and alternative wealth solutions by utilizing a team of specialists as applicable.
- Responsible for managing pipeline and activities to assure appropriate number of prospect opportunities are in pipeline and moving through sales cycle to meet sales goal. Implement and deliver specific solutions.
- Leads client relationship review discussion with committee. Manage and review the relationship on an ongoing basis to ensure client goals and objectives are achieved.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
As the manager for a book of client relationships, the Wealth Advisor is responsible and accountable for coordinating activities of the relationship team (IAs, FAs, PBs, WSs, etc), and ultimately responsible for growth and retention of that client base. The Wealth Advisor is focused on the profitable expansion of our fee revenue while maintaining the highest ethical standards and adhering to our fiduciary culture. Accountable for revenue growth including the acquisition of new business and the ongoing relationship management, growth and retention of our existing clients.Managerial/Supervisory Responsibilities:
None.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years' sales experience in the financial services industry, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 13 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years' sales experience in the high net worth or ultra high net worth client segment
Proven track record of implementing wealth management strategiesEducation and Experience Preferred:
Securities licensing, CFP, CTFA, CPA designation
MBA (Master's degree in Business Administration) or JD (Juris Doctor)