Admissions Assistant - Long Term Care Facility
Greenbrier Health Center is currently seeking a full time Admissions Assistant.
The position of Admissions Assistant is responsible for assisting the Admissions Director in coordination of admissions into the center and for ensuring that all required paperwork is completed the day of admission. The ideal candidate for the Admissions Assistant position will be a High School graduate with previous experience working with medical terms, Medicare and Managed Care insurance. The position requires knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid requirements and procedures, basic computer literacy, organization, and good customer service skills.
The Admissions Assistant performs all admissions processes, including but not limited to:
- Maintains admissions packets
- Meets with resident and/or responsible party prior to or on day of admission to explain and discuss admission procedures, policies of center, charges, and obtains signatures on appropriate documents according to the center's admission policies and procedures
- Collects current month's payment or resources prior to or on day of admission
- Gathers, types and processes all admission information as indicated in the policy and procedures manual
- Sets up, updates, and maintains resident files
- Maintains records of all admissions and reasons for denials
- Responsible for entering new admission on census
- Involved in room changes and notifying staff of changes
- Responsible for completing face sheet on AccuMax system
- Ensures all appropriate information/documentation is sent to unit, billing department, and resident's physician and pharmacy
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer you a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Must be a High School graduate, or GED equivalent
- Must have previous work experience which involved medical terms, Medicare and Managed Care insurance
- Must have knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid requirements and procedures
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public
- Must possess basic computer literacy skills
Operate Cash Register
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue