Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job Description:
The Construction Manager (Project Manager/Construction or CPM) will work with our in-house project Design Teams and other licensed Professional Engineers, Governing Authorities, Subcontractors and Clients to manage construction projects in the food, beverage, and Life Science manufacturing sectors. Our Construction Manager will interface with our fortune 500 clients, who are industry leaders, to provide quality project execution and will require travel to our various client facilities. Some traits and skills wanted for this position are; Experience on the contract administration side of construction projects, Negotiating contracts, Putting bids together for final presentation, Familiar with one or more SW packages such as; ProCore, Bluebeam, MS Project, Office, Outlook, Timberline, AutoCAD, Revit.
- Creates and manages project budgets
- Contributes to the development of proposals
- Understands the requirements of the prime contracts including schedules, scope, budget and performance expectations
- Develops Project Control Reports each month and ensures their accuracy
- Manages project risk associated with contracts, insurance, and notices-to-proceed to ensure compliance to Design Group procedures
- Responsible to create and review project estimates based on conceptual and early project design packages.
- Responsible for managing the entire contractor bidding process from assembly of bid packages, conducting job walks, evaluating bids, and coordinating contractor mobilization activities.
Scheduling and Coordination
- Creating project schedules
- Manages project resources (people, equipment, materials, external resources, etc)
- Review subcontractor contracts and proposals for conformity to the project schedule and scope
- Coordinates all requirements of the subcontractors and supplier to meet the project schedule
- Responsible for effective (safe, quality, timely, cost effective) execution of construction project work on site, through planning, coordination and control of construction resources and activities from inception to project closeout.
- Responsible for ensuring that all materials of construction and methods of construction conform to company, industry, and regulatory standards, specifications, and requirements.
- Ensure Daily project operations including weekly and daily planning activities
- Maintain the project schedule
- Oversees and attend (as needed) jobsite meetings, planning, progress and closeout meetings
- Monitor jobsite progress to baseline cost and schedule. Checks compliance to the plans and specifications.
- Analyze subcontractor change requests
- Manage the project closeout process to settle all financial issues.
- Manage safety for the project
- Ideal applicant will have 10 yrs. minimum and in various construction roles. (Project Engineer, Site Superintendent, Construction Project Manager)
- Minimum 8+ years' experience as a construction manager (Industrial structures experience needed) with overall project responsibility ideally gained from an A&E design build firm.
- Highly desired is experience as a construction manager in industrial structures aimed at the food, beverage, and consumer products, pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Successfully completed industrial projects with values ranging from $50K to $50M.
- Project experience and working knowledge of process systems and ability to read P&IDs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Project is desired.
- Manufacturing site experience is preferred.
- Relocation: we are looking for candidates reasonably local to the area. For highly qualified applicants outside of the local area some relocation assistance is available.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
Licenses and Certifications:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical degree field.
- Equivalent years of experience in Construction operations Management for manufacturing facilities can be substituted for degree.
- Completion of OSHA 10- or 30-hour training certification required
- Construction Project Management accreditation / certification (or equivalent experience)
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.Company:
- Assembly And Installation
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit