Empire Distributors Inc, A Leading Beverage Distributor is now hiring a Delivery Driver. This person drives truck over established route to deliver products and/or render services. Distributes products, verifies accuracy and collects payments from customers. Verifies product inventories. Collects containers and returns to distribution center. Our company offers excellent benefits, competitive wages and the potential for growth opportunities.
$500 SIGN ON BONUS W/ COMPETITIVE WAGES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Safely drives truck to deliver such items as wine, beer and non-alcoholic products to customer's place of business.
- Collects payment from customers and records transactions on customer invoice/receipt.
- Reviews customer orders and ensure proper delivery of product.
- Records sales or deliveries information on a delivery record.
- Issues or obtains appropriate customer signature on invoice/receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Places stock in appropriate place.
- Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Collects or picks up empty containers, kegs or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty containers, kegs and/or product to the warehouse for distribution back to supplier or to inventory.
- Inspects loads and ensures proper packing and security is in place in order to reduce product breakage and vehicle damage. Loads truck when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers Proficient in the use of telematics devices; to include, but not limited to delivery routes and driver logs.
- Uses electronic devices to accurately and consistently record start and stop times on our time clock device assuring hours of service are recorded and remain in compliance with DOT Regulations.
- Completes training assignments by management in a timely manner, including but not limited to Worklete and Pro-Tread.
- Cleans inside of the cab and box of the assigned truck.
- Performs daily routine vehicle inspection reports including notating damages or defects to the truck both pre and post trip.
- Arranges repairs or maintenance as needed while working directly with management.
- Uses all company equipment as required.
- Performs job essential duties and responsibilities while being monitored via DriveCam
- Moves inventory in warehouse and participates in inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must maintain active applicable state driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record must meet and maintain company driving standards. Must meet requirements to receive and maintain Department of Transportation (DOT) Card at the time of physical examination. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid state Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) permit. Empire Driver Training Program completion required on an ongoing basis including but not limited to Worklete and Pro-Tread.
Basic computer skills required.
PLEASE COMPLETE ENTIRE APPLICATION - INCLUDE WORK HISTORY IN 'RESUME' SECTION. NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY MAY CAUSE APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED.
Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. I understand that if I am hired, my employment will be for no definite period, regardless of the period of payment of my wages. I further understand that I am employed on an 'at-will' basis which means that I have the right to terminate my employment at anytime with or without notice, and the Company has the same right. No one other than the President of the Company has authority to modify this relationship or make any agreement to the contrary. Any such modification or agreement must be in writing, signed by the President.
I understand that if I am hired this application and all supporting documents will become part of my permanent employee record.
I understand that the company reserves the right to require me to submit to a drug test at any time and also reserves the right to require me to submit to an alcohol test and/or medical examination to the extent permitted by law. I understand that the Company may contact my previous employers and I authorize those employers to disclose to the Company all records and other information pertinent to my employment with them, whether favorable or unfavorable. I also authorize the Company to provide truthful information concerning my employment with it to my future prospective employers and I agree to hold it harmless for providing such information.
By submitting this application, I certify that all information that I provide on this application and in any interview will be true, complete and accurate. I understand if I am employed and any such information is later found to be false, incomplete or misleading in any respect, I may be discharged. #CB